Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dilemmas and Deliberations

Do I marry who I love 
or love who I marry?

Do I save up for the rainiest of days 
or do I spend on my hearts desire?

Do I use my education to earn , acquire and accumulate
or do I travel the world and gain what is not to be found in books?

Do I  work till I can finally rest
or keep looking for what may never arrive?

Do I speak out in love
or keep my voice hushed in my heart?

Do I stay here in the land that gave me roots
or Do I choose the one that beckons with a glittering finger?

Do I reach out and aloud
or do I keep my hand and heart tame?

The above few lines are my attempts to condense the various experiences of one of the most confusing phenomena that our Holy Scriptures haven't prepared us for....the QUARTER LIFE CRISIS. So when I innocently sought some guidance from the masses of well meaning elders , internet support groups , equally misguided friends and long forgotten developmental psych textbooks...this is what i learnt. And as misery loves company , permit me to share this with you.

 Now the big QLC is not scientific . It is not recorded anywhere scientifically. You cannot complain. You are young , healthy and are cognitively oscillating between your parents whims , your bosses expectations and your own id induced wants. You are a product of technology , religion , education , history , societal expectations and your own hormones.No you cannot complain. Stick with it and then bow down to the mighty mid life crisis. That's apparently real.

Now most of my loved ones cannot get my sarcasm. Hence the need to explain. Which I do in my next few posts. 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment